JAMB Chemistry Questions for 2020/2021 Examination.
JAMB CHEMISTRY Questions for 2020 | JAMB past questions and answers on chemistry, JAMB Chemistry Questions 2020, Chemistry JAMB Past Questions, Chemistry Past Questions, 50 Chemistry Questions And Answers For Jamb 2020, Practice Free Jamb Chemistry Questions Online for 2020, Chemistry Online JAMB UTME Practice Questions, JAMB Chemistry questions and answers to cbt exams, Chemistry, JAMB CHEMISTRY QUESTIONS CBT 2020, JAMB CHEMISTRY CBT QUESTIONS.
1. A mixture of iodine and sulphur crystals can be separated by treatment with A. water of filter off sulphur B. carbon (1V) sulphide to filter off iodine C. ethanoic acid to filter off sulphur D. methanol to filter off iodine
2. Sieving is a technique used to separate mixtures containing solid particles of A. small sizes B. large sizes C. different sizes D. the same size
3. Which of the compounds is composed of Al, Si, O and H? A. Epson salt B. Limestone C. Clay D. Urea
4. 50cm3 of carbon (11) oxide was exploded with 150cm3 of air containing 20% oxygen by volume, which of the reactants was in excess? A. Carbon (11) oxide B. Carbon (1V) oxide C. Oxygen D. Nitrogen
5. How many moles of HCl will be required to react with potassium heptaoxodichromate (V1) to produce 3 moles of chlorine? A. 14 B. 12 C. 11 D. 10
6. The ratio of the initial to the final pressure of a given mass of gas is 1:1:5. Calculate the final volume of the gas if the initial volume was 300cm3 at the same temperature. A. 120 cm3 B. 200 cm3 C. 450 cm3 D. 750 cm3
Make cool money from 3c Digital Leasing Platform (CLICK THE IMAGE)
7. The partial pressure of oxygen in a sample of air is 452mm Hg and the total pressure is 780mmHg. What is the mole fraction of oxygen? A. 0.203 B. 0.579 C. 2.030 D. 5.790 8. The fundamental difference between the three states of matter is the A. shape of their particles B. number of particles in each state C. shape of the container they occupy D. degree of movement of their particles
SEE HOW I AM EARNING UP TO $75 (₦62,000) DAILY with this Legit Crypto Auto Trading Bot: This Crypto Bot help me to trade and make profit for me no matter the market conditions....... CLICK HERE.
9. Which of the following the following statements is correct about the periodic table? A. Element in the same period have the same number of valence electrons B. The valence electrons of the elements in the same period increase progressively across the period C. Elements in the same group have the number of electron shells D. The non-metallic properties of the elements tent to decrease across each period
10. The electron configuration of 22X2+ ion is A. ls2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 3d2 B. ls2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 3d1 C. ls2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 D. ls2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4p2
11. Which of the following types of bonding does not involves the formation of new substance? A. Metallic B. Covalent C. Co-ordinate D. Electrovalent
12. The knowledge of half-life can be used to A. create an element B. detect an element C. split an element D. irradiate an element
SEE HOW: I am Making ₦5000 ($10) Daily with Just My One Time Payment of ₦1000 ($2) RECOMMENDED: CLICK HERE to Start Now!!! DON'T MISS THIS
13. The shape of CO2H2O and CH4 respectively are A. bent linear and tetrahedral B. bent tetrahedral and linear C. linear bent and tetrahedral D. tetrahedral, linear and bent.
14. The distance between the nuclei of chlorine atoms in a chlorine molecule is 0.914 nm. The atomic radius of chlorine atom is A. 0.097 nm B. 0.914 nm C. 2.388 nm D. 2.388 nm
15. The noble gas, argon, is used for A. electric are welding B. welding brass C. underwater welding D. steal welding
16. A side effect of soft water is that A. it gives offensive taste B. excess calcium s precipitate C. it attacks lead contained in pipes D. it encourages the growth of bacteria
17 Water molecules can be ligands especially when they are bonded to. A. alkaline earth metals B. alkali metals C. transition metals D. group V11 elements
18. The air pollutant unknown in nature is A. NO B. CO C. HCHO D. DDT
19. 10dm3 of distilled water used to wash 2.0 g of a precipitate of AgCl. If the solubility product of AgCl is 2.0 x10-10 moldm-6, what quantity of silver was lost in the process? A. 2.029 x10-3 mol dm-3 B. 1.414 x 10-3 mol dm-3 C. 2.029 x 10-5 mol dm-3 D. 1.414 x 10-5 mol dm-3
20. Hydration of ions in solution is associated with A. absorption of heat B. reduction of heat C. conduction of heat D. liberation of heat
21. In which order are the following salts sensitive to light? A. Agl ›AgCl ›AgBr B. AgCl ›Agl ›AgBr C. AgBr ›AgCl ›AgI D. AgCl ›AgBr ›AgI
23. Thee pOH of a solution of 0.25 mol dm-3 of hydrochloric acid is A. 12.40 B. 13.40 C. 14.40 D. 14.60.
JAMB CHEMISTRY QUESTIONS TODAY AND ANSWERS.
1 :- the element with an electron configuration 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s23p64s2 CORRECT ANSWER = a noble gas 2 :- ethanoic acid is monobasic because its CORRECT ANSWER = has one replaceable hydrogen molecule 3 :- the type of bond in nitrogen molecule is CORRECT ANSWER = covalent 4 :- in the hydrogenation of benzene, the catalyst used is CORRECT ANSWER = Ni 5 :- the acid found in sour milk is CORRECT ANSWER = lactic acid 6 :- transition metals with higher oxidation state will form oxides that are CORRECT ANSWER = basic 7 :- the iupac nomenclature of the compound above is CORRECT ANSWER = pent-2-yne 8 :- in the diagram above X is CORRECT ANSWER = H2 9 :- if 200cm3 of oxygen passes through a porous plug in 100sec.find the time taken for the same volume of hydrogen to pass through the same porous plug CORRECT ANSWER = 25 10 :- the method used in purifying sugar is CORRECT ANSWER = crystallization 11 :- the activation energy of a chemical reaction can be lowered by CORRECT ANSWER = the addition of a catalyst 12 :- in the equation above X is CORRECT ANSWER = CH3COOCH2CH3 13 :- a solubility curve is a plot of the solubility of solute against CORRECT ANSWER = TEMPERATURE 14 :- the method that is not economical for the removal of hardness in water for town supply is CORRECT ANSWER = permutit 15 :- in the electrolytic extraction of sodium from fused sodium chloride calcium chloride is usually added to CORRECT ANSWER = remove impurities 16 :- grades of petrol having octane number nearer zero will cause a motor car engine to ‘ CORRECT ANSWER = 17 :- nickel is plated on steel to CORRECT ANSWER = increase its strength 18 :- the solubility in mol/dm3 of 20.2g of potassium trioxonitrate(V)dissolved in 100g of water at room temperature is CORRECT ANSWER = 2 19 :- what is the atomic number of an element having 127 neutrons and 82 electrons CORRECT ANSWER = 82 20 :- 28.80CM3 OF NITROGEN AT 15c is cooled to 0C.its volue ar constant pressure is CORRECT ANSWER = 27.3 21 :- what physical property of alkane decreases as the number of carbon atoms increases CORRECT ANSWER = solubility 22 :- which of the following substances are made by polymeriztion CORRECT ANSWER = nylon and artificial rubber 23 :- which of the following compounds is unsaturated CORRECT ANSWER = methylbenzene 24 :- a compound contains 31.9% potassium 28.93 chlorine and the remaining oxygen.what is the chemical formula of the compound?\ CORRECT ANSWER = KClO2 25 :- the use of neon light in aerodome beacons is due to its CORRECT ANSWER = COLOUR 26 :- K4Fe(CN)6 is an example of a CORRECT ANSWER = complex 27 :- if T change in s is small relative to change in H at room temperature the value of change in G will be CORRECT ANSWER = positive 28 :- the solibility of alkanols in water is due to the presence of CORRECT ANSWER = hydroxyl group 29 :- when lubricating oil is redistilled,it yields CORRECT ANSWER = petroleum jelly 30 :- the iupac nomenclature of K2Cr2O7 SI CORRECT ANSWER = potassium heptaoxochromate(VI) 31 :- ALKYNES BURN WITH SMOKY LUMINOUS FLAME DUE TO HIGH CORRECT ANSWER = carbon content 32 :- ozone is known for its ability to CORRECT ANSWER = attack the respiratory tract of organisms 33 :- which of the following properties is peculiar to graphite? CORRECT ANSWER = it is unreactive 34 :- calculate the amount in moles of zinc that will be deposited by passing 10 faradays of elctricity through a solution of zinc salt CORRECT ANSWER = 5 35 :- the air pollutant that dissolves in water due to produce acid rain is CORRECT ANSWER = O3 36 :- the property pecuiliar to pure oxygen is that it CORRECT ANSWER = is lighter than air 37 :- the principal property that determines the method of an extraction of a metal from its oe is its CORRECT ANSWER = position in the activity series 38 :- when water is added to calcium oxide,it forms CORRECT ANSWER = calcium hydroxide 39 :- in the reaction above, the reverse reaction can be favored by CORRECT ANSWER = decreases the temperature 40 :- an element with electron configuration 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4 belongs to the CORRECT ANSWER = p-block
24. For a reaction in equilibrium, the species involved in the equilibrium constant expression are A. gaseous and solid species B. liquid and solid species C. solid and dissolved species D. gaseous and dissolved species
25. A phenomenon where an element exists in different forms in the same physical state is known as A. isomerism B. amorphism C. allotropy D. isotropy
26. The substance often used for vulcanization of rubber is A. chlorine B. hydrogen peroxide C. sulphur D. tetraoxosulphate (V1) acid
27. A gas that is not associated with global warming is A. CO2 B. SO3 C. CH4 D. H2
28. The refreshing and characteristics taste of soda water and other soft drinks is as a result of the presence in them of A. carbon(1V)oxide B. carbon(11) oxide C. soda D. glucose
29. A form of carbon used for absorbing poisonous gases and purification of noble gases is A. wood charcoal’ B. animal charcoal C. carbon fibres D. carbon black.
30. Synthesic gas is a mixture of A. CH4 and H2O B. CH4 and H2 C. CO2 and H2 D. CO and H2
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Chemistry Past Questions 2020, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO HELP US TO SHARE THIS POST TO OTHERS BY USING THE SHARING BUTTON BELOW.