JAMB BIOLOGY Questions for 2020 | JAMB past questions and answers on Biology, JAMB Biology Questions 2020, Biology JAMB Past Questions, Biology Past Questions, 50 Biology Questions And Answers For Jamb 2020, Practice Free Jamb Biology Questions Online for 2020, Biology Online JAMB UTME Practice Questions, JAMB Biology questions and answers to cbt exams, Biology, JAMB BIOLOGY QUESTIONS CBT 2020, JAMB BIOLOGY CBT QUESTIONS.
CHECK OUT!!! - List of my top Best Paying site. CLICK HERE
1. A noticeable adaptation of the animal to its aquatic habitat is the possession of A. webbed digits B. four limbs C. a wide mouth D. large eyes
2. The similarity among organisms belonging to the same group will be least within each A. order B. family C. species D. kingdom
3. Hermaphroditic reproduction can be found among the A. annelids and molluscs B. pisces and amphibians C. coelenterates and platyhelminthes D. arthropods and nematodes
4. One distinctive feature in the life history of liverworts is that they exhibit A. vegetative reproduction B. alternation of generation C. sexual reproduction D.asexual reproduction
5. The cell component that is present in a prokaryotic cell is the A. ribosome B. mitochondrion C. chloroplast D. nuclear envelope
6. In the egg of a bird, the embryo is located in the A. yolk B. embryo disc C. chalaza D. albumen
7. An insect whose economic importance is both harmful and benefit is the A. butterfly B. mosquito C. blackfly D. tsetsefly
8. If water that has been coloured red is poured at the base of a wilting plant, it will appear as a red stain in the cells of the A. phloem B. parenchyma C. xylem D. epidermis.
9. The stunted growth of a leguminous plant suffering from nitrogen deficiency may be corrected by inoculating the soil with A. saprophytic bacteria B. rhizobium C. denitrifying bacteria D. nitrosomonas.
10. The part of the mammalian digestive system where absorption of nutrients takes place is the. A. duodenum B. colon C. ileum D. oesophagus
11. The dark reaction of photosynthesis involves the A. release of oxygen and the splitting of water, B. photolysis of water and the production of starch, C. reduction of carbon (IV) oxide to organic compounds, D. splitting of water into hydrogen ions
12. The most important hormone that induces the ripening of fruit is A. Cytokinin B. Indole acetic acid C. Ethylene D. Gibberellin
13. Metabolic production of urea is carried out in the A. urinary bladder and kidney B. pancreas C. kidney and malphigian tubule D. liver
14. In mammalian males, the excretory and reproductive system share the A. ureter B. testes C. vas deferens D. urethra
SEE HOW: I am Making ₦5000 ($10) Daily with Just My One Time Payment of ₦1000 ($2) RECOMMENDED: CLICK HERE to Start Now!!! DON'T MISS THIS
15. The best method of propagating sugarcane is by A. stem cuttings B. seed sowing C. layering D. grafting
16. The response of plants to external stimuli in a non- directional manner is known as A. nastic movement B. photropism C. tactic D. geotropism
17. Homologous pairs of chromosomes separate during A. meiosis B. cytolysis C. mitosis D. cleavage
18. An example of a caryopsis is A. coconut B. tomato C. guava D. maize grain
19. A limiting factor in a plant population near a chemical factory is likely to be A. humidity B. pH C. wind D. light
20. The pioneer organisms in ecological succession are usually the A. lichens B. algae C. ferns D. mosses
21. Mycorrhiza is an association between fungi and A. roots of higher plants B. ilamentous algae C. bacteria D. protozoans
22. A density-dependent factor that regulates the population size of organisms is A. sudden flood B. disease C. fire outbreak D. drought
23. The most effective method of dealing with non-biodegradable pollution is by A. burying B. dumping C. incineration D. recycling
24. Soil fertility can best be conserved and renewed by the activities of A. microbes B. earthwormsv C. man D. rodents
25. One example of fossil fuels is A. coral B. limestone C. firewood D. coal
26. If the pair of allelels for baldness is given as Bb, a female carrier will be denoted by A. XBXb B. XBXB C. XbY D. XBY
27. An organism that has been extensively used to test the chromosome theory of heredity is A. Homo sapiens B. Drosophila melanogaster C. Zea Mays D. Musea domestica
30. A feature associated with the Y-chromosome in humans is A. facial hairs B. prominent fingernails C. long eyelashes D. enlarged breast
31. A man and his wife are both heterozygous for the sickle-cell trait. The likely percentage of their offspring that will be either carriers or sicklers is A. 50% B. 25% C. 75% D. 100%
32. The type of reproduction that leeds to variation in animal and plant populations is A. budding B. vegetative C. asexual D. sexual
33. If a DNA strand has a base sequence TCA, its complementary strand must be A. ATG B. GAT C. AGT D. TAG
34. Which of the following requires the use of carbon dating to prove that evolution has occurred? A. Biochemical similarities B. Molecular records C. Fossil Records D. Comparative anatomy
35. The presence of sunken stomata and the folding of leaves are adaptations to A. prevent entry of pathogens B. prevent guttation C. remove excess water D. reduce water loss
36. Spines and shells on animals are adaptations for A. physical defence B. camouflage C. chemical defence D. mimicry
37. The inactive state exhibited by an animal during hot dry seasons is termed A. aestivation B. dormancy C. resting D. hibernation
38. An insect with a mandibulate mouth part will obtain its food by A. chewing B. chewing and sucking C. sucking D. biting and chewing
39. An example of cryptic colouration is the A.bright marks on a poisonous tropical frog on variegated leaves B. bright colour of an insect-pollinated flower C. mottled colours on moths that rest on lichens D. green colour of a plant
40. An argument against Lamarck’s heory of evolution is that A. acquired traits cannot be passed onto the offspring B. disuse of body part cannot weaken the part C. disused part is dropped off in the offspring D. traits cannot be acquired through constant use of body parts.
41. The type of reproduction that is common to both Hydra and yeast is A. grafting B. budding C. conjugation D. binary fission
42. Epigeal germination of a seed is characterized by A. lack of growth of the hypocotyls B. more rapid elongation of the hypocotyls than the epicotyl C. more rapid elongation of the epicotyl than the hypocotyl D. equal growth rate of both the .hypocotyl and epicotyl.
43. All living cells require water because it A. is a medium that neutralizes acids in cells B. is the main source of energy for the cells C. prevents the development of diseases in cell D. is a medium for all metabolic reactions.
44. The surface of an alveolus in a mammals is well supplied with tiny blood vessels known as A. capillaries B. arteries C. arterioles D. venules
45. Nervous control differs from hormonal control in that the former A. is a slower process B. involves only chemical transmission C. has no specific pathway D. produces short-term changes
46. Identical twins inherit their genes from A. One egg and two sperms B. two eggs and a sperm C. the same egg and sperm D. different eggs and sperms
47. Paternity disputes can most accurately be resolved through the use of A. DNA analysis B. fingerprinting C. tongue-rolling D. blood group typing
48. Sex-linked genes are located on A. X-and Y-chromosomes B. homologous chromosomes C. X- chromosomes D. Y- chromosome.
49. In a Mendelian cross of red and white varieties of the four o’clock plant, the Fgeneration expresses incomplete dominance by having flowers which are A. multicoloured B. pink C. red D. white
50. Insects are considered the most successful among the Invertebrates because they A. survive in various environmental conditions B. possess the ability to change their forms C. possess exoskeletons D. have wing for flight.
JAMB BIOLOGY QUESTIONS TODAY 2020…
1 :- movement of manufactured food from the leaves to other part of the plant is CORRECT ANSWER = translocation 2 :- the part where fertilization takes place is labelled CORRECT ANSWER = III 3 :- the level of organization in onion bulb is CORRECT ANSWER = organ 4 :- the possession of short string and conical beak for picking and cracking seed is an adaptive feature of CORRECT ANSWER = weaver bird 5 :- gaseous exchange in plants takes place through the CORRECT ANSWER = stomata 6 :- the part labelled ii is the CORRECT ANSWER = suture 7 :- predominance of grasses with scattered trees are characteristics features of CORRECT ANSWER = grassland 8 :- in plants, auxin is produced in the CORRECT ANSWER = apices 9 :- the blood group AB is called CORRECT ANSWER = universal acceptor 10 :- a diploid individual carrying two different alleles if a gene on its two homologous chrosomes is referred to as CORRECT ANSWER = heterozygote 11 :- photosynthesis, respiration and decay are important processes which brings about the recycling of CORRECT ANSWER = carbon(iv)oxide 12 :- the illustration represents CORRECT ANSWER = mitosis 13 :- which of the following structural feature is involved in regulating heat loss from the body CORRECT ANSWER = body size and shape 14 :- dissolved gasses, turbidity and density are ecological that affect CORRECT ANSWER = aquatic habitat 15 :- under secretion of pituatry hormones in children leasd to CORRECT ANSWER = dwarfism 16 :- the law of the inheritance of acquired traits was postulated by CORRECT ANSWER = lamarck 17 :- a trait that is expressed in an offspring when two individuals with constracting characters are crossed is CORRECT ANSWER = dorminant 18 :- which of the following is a biotic factor in an ecosystem CORRECT ANSWER = predation 19 :- organis that belongs to the kingdom protista are referred to as CORRECT ANSWER = eukaryotes 20 :- which of the following is a decomposer in a terrestial habitat? CORRECT ANSWER = bacteria 21 :- which of the following air pollutant results in acid rain CORRECT ANSWER = nitrogen oxide 22 :- which of the following features describes Euglena as a plant and an animal CORRECT ANSWER = ability to response to light stimulus 23 :- the function of swim blader in Tilapia fish is CORRECT ANSWER = for buoyancy 24 :- the causative organism of ameobic dysentry is CORRECT ANSWER = entamoeba hystolytica 25 :- a person with blood AB can donates to person with blood group CORRECT ANSWER = AB 26 :- the genetic constitution of an organism is referred to as its CORRECT ANSWER = genotype 27 :- the diagram represents a CORRECT ANSWER = hibiscus flower 28 :- the diagram labelled ii is CORRECT ANSWER = metaphase 29 :- in evolution the appendix in humans is an evidence from CORRECT ANSWER = vestigial organ 30 :- secondary succesion takes place CORRECT ANSWER = in abondoned farmland 31 :- the level of organization of a cow heart is CORRECT ANSWER = organ 32 :- a sudden loss of black pigment from the skin of an African can be attributed to CORRECT ANSWER = mutation in the skin cell 33 :- intra specific competition occur due to CORRECT ANSWER = limited resources 34 :- in which part of the body can the diagram be found CORRECT ANSWER = neck region 35 :- the characteristics feature of trachepphyta is that they CORRECT ANSWER = are vascularized 36 :- Borgu game ireserve is located in CORRECT ANSWER = Niger state 37 :- the function of the part labelled I is for CORRECT ANSWER = protection 38 :- the part labelled ii is the CORRECT ANSWER = neural canal 39 :- an area very low rainfall and high evaporation rate is referred to as CORRECT ANSWER = savanna 40 :- ammonification takes place in CORRECT ANSWER =
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about JAMB Biology Questions 2020, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO HELP US TO SHARE THIS POST TO OTHERS BY USING THE SHARING BUTTON BELOW.