I can teach you a real way to become millionaire... Just believe and JOIN MY NEW WHATSAPP GROUPIt's free.. I am not requesting money from you.. Only for the patience one. If you can't have patience, don't join pls.
June 25, 2020
HomePast QuestionsBest Practice: [BIOLOGY Post Utme Past Questions and Answers] 1 to 50 (2020/2021)
Best Practice: [BIOLOGY Post Utme Past Questions and Answers] 1 to 50 (2020/2021)
Biology Post Utme Past Questions and Answers for 2020/2021.
Biology Post Utme Past Questions and Answers– These are the most set Biology Post Utme Past Questions and Answers for all Schools, which we have join together for our reader’s.
This is a General biology past Questions and answers for all Post Utme Aspirants. As we all know that to gain Admission into any tertiary institutions in Nigeria is not that so easy, you will have to go through many steps that will verify you by the school you choose that you are really capable of being a student in the school.
General Post Utme English Past Questions and Answers In GREEN Colour For All UTME Aspirants .
After your registration on the school portal, the most important Step to take is to get ready for the school Utme/Screening exam so that you can satisfy their wishes. Not doing so, you loose your Admission for that year and sit at home again for another year while all your mate are in schools, and while some has already graduate in school.
There’s no short cut to gain Admission fast int in Nigeria, except to prepare for the Admission.
So, how do you prepare to secure admission fast in Nigeria? To secure Admission fast in Nigeria is to start reading past questions for the exam you want to write.
That’s why Aschoolz.com team has tried their best to get you ready to get admission fast in Nigeria by providing you with the past Questions and Answers that will get you ready.
Below is ALL Post UTME Biology Past Questions and Answers for all Schools, which we have join together for our reader’s.
Biology Post UTME Past Question and Answers in colour
BIOLOGY 1. The muscle cell fluid of an athlete was tested immediately after a 100m race and was found to contain a high concentration of lactic acid .Explain what could have caused this. The (A) athlete must have eaten food containing a lactic acid (B) athlete must have injected lactic acid into his blood just before the race (C) athlete must have carried out anaerobic respiration during the race (D) athlete must have inhaled lactic acid from the environment during the race.
2. One of this is not a continuous variation (A) height (B) weight (C) tongue rolling (D) skin colour
3. One of the following is usually worm-like, cylindrical or flattened (A) molluscs (B) insects (C) nematods (D) annelids
4. The roots hairs are (A) strength and support (B) conducting liquid (C) absorption of water and salt (D) penetration into the soil
5. The random way genes recombine during meiosis and fertilization leads to (A) genetic variation (B) phenotype (C) genome (D) genotype
6. In a cell, the genes are carried by (A) Nuclear membrane (B) Chromatin threads (C) lysosomes (D) Mitochondria This past question was uploaded on www.aschoolz.com
7. An ecosystem is composed of all of the following except: (A) Plants (B) Animals (C)Temperature (D) Meadows
8. In a food web, tertiary consumers belong to which trophic level (A) First (B) Second (C) Third (D) Fourth
9. The primary structure responsible for pumping blood for circulation through the mammalian circulatory systems is the (A) Veins (B) Right auricle (C) Arteries (D) Left ventricle
10. The cocoon into which an earthworm lays its egg is produced in the (A) prostomium (B) peristomium (C) chaeta (D)clitellum
11. Daughters receives their X-chromosome from their ___ (A) father (B) mother (C) relative (D) siblings
12. In bony fishes, the swim bladder is used for (A) adjusting the weight of the fish when swimming at different levels. (B) extracting oxygen from water which enters the mouth of the fish. (C) equalizing fluid pressures between the fish and the surrounding water. (D) absorbing more water when the fish is about to descend to a lower level.
13. The theory that new organs or characteristics develop in organisms when there is a need for them was postulated by (A) Charles Darwin (B) Wallace (C) Lean Lamarck (D) Gregor Mendel
14. Ribosomes are found in all living cells. What is their function? (A) cellular respiration (B) synthesis of proteins (C) excretion of waste products (D) intracellular transport This past question was uploaded on www.aschoolz.com
15. Which of the following is NOT a function of the nucleus of a cell? (A) It controls the life processes of the cell (B) It translates genetic information for the manufacture of proteins (C) It stores and carries hereditary information (D) It is a reservoir of energy for the cell
16. Plants that are adapted to grow in dry land where water content is low are (A) Halophytes (B) Hydrophytes (C) Xerophytes (D) Mesophytes
17. What happens to a man whose pancreas has been surgically removed? (A) the level of blood sugar would increase (B) the glycogen content of the liver would increase (C) his blood pressure would decrease (D) his weight would increase appreciably
18. The hereditary factor of the material for inheritance is (A) organ (B) sex (C) gene (D) ovum
19. The random way genes recombine during meiosis and fertilization leads to (A) genetic variation (B) phenotype (C) genome (D) genotype
20. One of the following is not an excretory structure (A) stomata (B) blood (C) kidney (D) flame cell.
21. In a food web, tertiary consumers belong to which trophic level (A) First (B) Second (C) Third (D) Fourth.
22. Which of the following factors is not associated with aquatic habitat (A) Temperature (B) Light intensity (C) Humidity (D) wave action
23. One of the following are usually worm-like, cylindrical or flattened This past question was uploaded on www.aschoolz.com (A) molluscs (B) insects (C) nematods (D) annelids
24. Which of the following constitutes the main internal tissue of leaf? (A) Cuticle (B) Mesophyll (C) Vascular bundle (D) Lower epidermis
25. In insects, the structure that performs the same function as the kidney in man is the (A) Nephridium (B) Flame cell (C) Malphigian tubule (D) Trachea
26. Principles of heredity can be applied in one of these (A) medicine (B) chemistry (C) law (D) biology
27. One of this is not a shape of fingerprints (A) circles (B) loop (C) whorls (D) arches
28. What is the term used to describe the sum total of biotic and abiotic factors in the environment of the organism? (A) habitat (B) biome (C) ecosystem (D) ecological niche
29. S phase in growth curve is known as? (A) rapid phase (B) shot phase (C) long phase (D) end Phase.
30. Carbohydrates are stored in animal cells as (A) glycogen (B) glucose (C) maltase (D) starch.
31. The rhesus factor of blood was first identified in a category of This past question was uploaded on www.aschoolz.com (A) Monkeys (B) Human females (C) Human males (D) Chimpanzees.
32. The division of nucleus is known as (A) karyokinesis (B) cytokinesis (C) isogamy (D) isopomy.
33. In the mammal, the autonomic system consists of (A) sympathetic and parasympathetic systems (B) brain and spinal nerves (C) brain and cranial nerves (D) spinal cord and spinal nerves.
34. The reproduction of cell is controlled by which of the following: (A) RNA (B) DNA (C) mRNA (D) Mitosis.
35. The order of food passage in the digestive system is (A) Ileum-Cecum-Colon-Rectum (B) Ileum-Colon-Cecum-Rectum (C) Colon-Ileum-Cecum-Rectum (D) Colon-Cecum-Ileum-Rectum.
36. In plants, the structures that play roles similar to the arteries and veins of animals are the (A) Xylem and Phloem (B) Root hairs and xylem (C) Lenticels and phloem (D) roots and stems.
37. Two plants with red flowers were back crossed, which of the following results indicates that the plants are heterozygous red flower, where red flowers are dominants? (A) 75%red and 25% white (B) 50% red and 50% white (C) 100% white (D) 100% red.
38. Genetically modified food products have not become universally accepted because (A) they are not tasty as others produced by conventional means (B) they are usually costlier than others produced by conventional means (C) their effect on human consumers is not yet fully understood (D) the technology can be applied only in developed countries
39. Which of these animals is not metamerically segmented This past question was uploaded on www.aschoolz.com (A) tapeworm (B) earthworm (C) centipede (D) shark
40. The sterile individuals in the honey bee are known as (A) Drone (B) Queens (C) Workers (D) None of these
41. Which of the following is used mainly for balancing in fish? (A) the caudal fin (B) The pectoral fin (C) The anal fin (D) The dorsal fin
42. Octopus is popularly known as ___ fish (A) devil (B) jelly (C) cray (D) shark
43. The sexual reproductive units produced by mature individuals of sexually reproducing species of organism is called (A) sperms (B) ova (C) zygotes (D) gametes.
44. Which of these does not have respiratory and circulatory systems (A) annelids (B) nematods (C) insects (D) molluscs.
45. Spear grass has underground structure called (A) bulbs (B) corm (C) rhizomes (D) tap roots.
46. Maize is best stored against insect attack (A) on raised platform (B) in fumigated silos (C) while still on the cob (D) in humid metal tanks.
47. Circulation of blood to all parts of the body excepts the lungs is through This past question was uploaded on www.aschoolz.com (A) the pulmonary artery (B) Systemic circulation (C) The lymphatic system (D) Pulmonary circulation
48. Manufactured food in the plants is transported through the (A) xylem (B) phloem (C) cambium (D) cortex.
49. The genetic make- up of an organism is called (A) genotype (B) phenotype (C) variation (D) gene.
50. A sudden change in a gene or genes is called (A) fertilization (B) variation (C) mutation (D) heredity.
Please, if you like this biology past Questions and Answers, don’t just sit/lying down there, just help Us to Share it with your friends by using the Sharing button below.
OMINI ABIODUN MICHAEL [a.k.a] BANKEY MILL (BM) is a blogger and the CEO of Aschoolz.com. We Share Education School News of Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges for both Nigeria Schools, Ghana Schools and American Etc like JAMB, Waec, Scholarship, Job opportunity, Learning, Story books and Blog etc