Many people have been hearing the word “Admission” but few can only define what the word”Admission” means.
Right here in “Aschoolz Dictionary” a going to tells you what Admission means according to “Meriam Webmaster Dictionary and Collins Dictionary“.
Word origin of ‘admission’
C15: from Latin admissiōn-, from admittere to admit
What Is Admission
- : the act of admitting or allowing something
- : a statement or action by which someone admits a weakness, fault, etc.
- : the right or permission to enter a place
- 1 a : the act or process of admitting
b : the state or privilege of being admitted
c : a fee paid at or for admission
- 2 a : the granting of an argument or position not fully proved
b : acknowledgment that a fact or statement is true
- ad·mis·sive \-ˈmi-siv\ adjective
- by her own admission, her cooking is not the greatest
- no admission unless accompanied by an adult
Meaning of Admission According to Collins Dictionary
Admission is permission given to a person to enter a place, or permission given to a country to enter an organization. Admission is also the act of entering a place.
plural noun [oft NOUN noun]
Admissions to a place such as a school or university are the people who are allowed to enter or join it.
Admission at a park, museum, or other place is the amount of money that you pay to enter it.
variable noun [NOUN that]
An admission is a statement that something bad, unpleasant, or embarrassing is true.
permission to enter or the right, authority, etc, to enter
the price charged for entrance
a confession, as of a crime, mistake, etc
an acknowledgment of the truth or validity of something
I Hope You Now Know The Meaning of Admission Now According to Collins
Dictionary and Meriam Webmaster Dictionary