Do you wish to make millions in less than 4month? If yes, then kindly CHECK HERE
OR THE Alternative >> RIGHT HERE
NOTE: I am not requesting any money from you.
Only serious minded should chat me up.
Do you know that you can make $1000 (N470,000) in a day on Gramfree - then Check how to make free money on Gramfree here
Complete full List Of Newspapers In Nigeria With Location And Owner/Publisher.
Newspaper does not just bang into Nigeria just like that, there’s a great history behind the existence of newspapers in Nigeria.
Newspaper has been in Nigeria right before Nigeria got independent from the British rule’s.
Independence Day is an official national holiday in Nigeria, celebrated on the first of October. It marks Nigeria’s proclamation of independence from British rule on 1 October 1960. So for this reason, Nigeria celebrates its independence on 1st October every year.
The first newspaper in Nigeria is the Iwe Irohin fun Awon Ara Egba (literally means the newspaper for Egba people). Doubling as the first indigenous language newspaper in Africa, it was established in Abeokuta, Ogun State by Henry Townsend, a Christian missionary.
For instance, the second Nigerian newspaper, Anglo-African was established in 1863 by Robert Campbell. It was the first paper published in Lagos.
Today, there are thousands Newspapers in Nigeria, which we will tell you few of it here, probably the best Newspapers in Nigeria, location – owner/publisher.
- Blueprint Newspaper – Abuja – Mohammed Idris
- Business Day – Lagos – Frank Aigbogun
- Business Hallmark – Lagos – Prince Emeka Obasi
- Compass – Abeokuta – Gbenga Daniel
- Complete Sports – Lagos – Sunny Obazu Ojeagbase
- Daily Champion – Lagos – Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu
- Daily Times of Nigeria – Folio Communications
- Daily Trust – Abuja – Media Trust Ltd
- Daylight Nigeria – Lagos
- Entertainment Express
- Guardian – Lagos – Felix Ibru
- Independent – Lagos – Independent Newspapers Limited
- Leadership – Abuja – Leadership Group Ltd
- Mirror – Global Media Mirror Limited
- National Network – Port Harcourt –
- Network Printing and Publishing Company
- New Telegraph – Lagos – The Telegraph Publishing Company
- Newswatch – Lagos – Global Media Mirror Limited
- Next – Lagos – Timbuktu Media group
- Nigerian Entertainment – Lagos – Adekunle Ayeni
- Observer – Benin City – Bendel Newspapers Company Limited
- Aschoolz – Ondo – Omini Abiodun Michael
- Osun Defender – Osogbo -Moremi Publishing House Ltd.
- P.M. News – Lagos – Independent Communications Network Limited
- Peoples Daily – Abuja – Peoples Media Ltd
- Premium Times – Abuja – Premium Times Services Limited
- Punch – Lagos – Ajibola Ogunsola
- SaharaReporters – Lagos – Omoyele Sowore
- Stears Business – Lagos – Stears News Limited
- Sun – Lagos – The Sun Publishing Ltd
- The Tide – Port Harcourt – Rivers State Newspaper Corporation
- Tell Magazine – Lagos – TELL Communications Limited
- Thisday – Lagos – Leaders & Company
- The Nation – Lagos – Vintage Press Limited
- The Nigerian Tribune – Ibadan – African Newspapers of Nigeria Ltd
- Triumph – Kano – Triumph Publishing
- The News Journal – Ibadan – Layipo Concepts
- The Daily Post – Lagos – James Bamisaye
- Vanguard – Lagos – Vanguard Media
What is the Oldest Newspaper in Nigeria?
Nigerian Tribune. The Nigerian Tribune is an English-language newspaperpublished in Ibadan in Nigeria. It was established in 1949 by Obafemi Awolowo and is the oldest surviving private Nigerian newspaper. In the colonial era, the newspaper served as the mouthpiece for Awolowo’s populist welfare programmes.