STAND A CHANCE TODAY TO WIN N2MILLION BEFORE 14TH OF NOVEMBER
Do you want to become rich and famous?
THEN, Check Out these 8 legit ways to make money online with your phone, computer 👉👉 Click Here
Volunteer to be a Google Africa Developer Scholarship Mentor for 2020.
Grow with Google, Andela, and Pluralsight will be launching another program to support software developers in Africa on Mobile Web, Android, and Google Cloud courses.
The aim of this program is to continuously engage with aspiring and existing developers on these tracks to become professional developers with skills that can get them opportunities post the program.
We believe in the power of working as a community. We’re looking for volunteers that will join us in raising this generation of Mobile and Web Developers.
How can you volunteer as Google Africa Scholarship Mentor?
- COMMUNITY MENTOR
Guides and supports a team of learners or engineers.You must have a deep understanding of either Android development, Web development, or Google Cloud, have excellent facilitation skills and be a great team player.
A software Engineer interested in giving back to the community by mentoring other software developers in Android, Cloud, and Mobile Web Specialist tracks.
How can I volunteer?
- As a Community Mentor – Guide and support a team of learners or engineers. You must have a deep understanding of either Android development, Web development, or Google Cloud, have excellent facilitation skills, and be a great team player.
- As a Meetup Facilitator [Not Applicable as we will not be holding physical meetups] –Facilitate practical, workshop-style sessions during onsite or online meet-ups. You must be a community lover, an excellent team player, passionate about people and have great organizational skills.
How much experience do I need to participate in the program?
The application/participation is open to interested participants at all levels of experience. Previous Google Africa Scholarship learners are highly encouraged to a
What is the engagement structure like – timing, availability?
You are required to dedicate at least 2 hrs each day to attend to learners assigned to you. However we understand that most of our volunteers have part-time or full-time engagements and because of that, we highly encourage you to come up with your availability schedule and share it with your assigned learners so that you are not overwhelmed.
Would benefits do I get for being a volunteer?
The key benefit of being a volunteer is participation in playing a key role in the tech community working with top and notable tech companies. We are looking to prioritize growth opportunities and non-monetary incentives over financial rewards. We would be offering incentives and support where necessary.
Some of these incentives include but are not restricted to:
- SWAG and Branded Items
- Access to curriculum course content on learning platforms
- Monthly meet featuring Q & A office hours with Senior personnel – also soft skill and career coaching
- Access to Opportunities at Andela
What support will I be receiving during programs?
You will be receiving administrative support and oversight from Program Assistants during a program.
How do I sign up to volunteer?
A link to an application form has been sent along with this document. Please fill out the form indicating your interest/s and make your submission below
For more Information: Visit the webpage for Volunteer to be a Google Africa Developer Scholarship Mentor 2020